Great find turns into Peanuts dinner!

Welcome to Rainforest Tours Guided Day Hiking

Operating Eco Wilderness Tours Since 2010

While hiking the Mystic trail on Wednesday I found a mushroom I was unable to identify. It was broken at the stem so I collected it and brought home for my tenant Marc to look up. We got distracted for 15 minutes when we realized peanut the cat had devoured the mushroom. We spent the next 20 minutes frantically trying to identify whether the mushroom was a silly, poisonous, or edible one. Thankfully, it turned out to be an edible bolete. Peanut is alive and well. Who knew cats like mushrooms.

Toni Chalk,
Rainforest Tours

Leave a Comment